Gold Belt practice guide
This level has a much more complicated form and students will be
challenged to remember their new moves from one week to the next. One way to keep the learning & memory is
to identify repeating patterns. Students will learn the difference between a side kick and a round kick.
The student should be familiar with and able to perform any of the
moves of the gold belt and white belt level.
Must be able to do the combinations without thinking. Form must be
done with precision and consistency.
Practice 5-10 minutes 3-4 times a week is still good for this level.
You may do a combination drill. Practice your moves by saying them as you do them. Remember one of the main
goals is to memorize.
Time until next belt
Usually 3-6 months. Testing happens 3 times a year. December’s test
will be during class, April’s test will be at the tournament, August’s in class (for summer students). Set your
- Front punch, side kick (bottom of foot), back punch.
- Front punch, round kick (top of foot), back punch.
- Front punch, crescent kick, back punch.
(This is part 1 you will learn part 2 as a green belt)
- From Ready position (12 o’clock): Turn to your left (9 o’clock) double forearm block. YELL!
Step right knife block, punch left hand.
- Turn to your left (3 o’clock): double forearm block, knife block right hand, punch left hand.
- Turn (12 o’clock) double forearm block. Step forward double lunge punch. YELL!
- Spin through 9 and 6 o’clock to 3 o’clock double forearm block, knife block right hand, punch left hand.
- Turn to your left (9 o’clock) double forearm block. Step right knife block, punch left hand.
Self defense moves
Double arm/wrist grab release (2 hands grabbing 1 arm/wrist)
- Pull up (like making a muscle)
- Punch down (keep elbow locked)
- Tug of war (resist then switch directions)